Saturday, April 12, 2014

We have a Ceiling!!!!

Oh what a day I didn't want to come in, it's days like today I wish I had a shop to work in because I'd still be out.  I started early this morning once Bill had come home and went to bed.  I added the last two pieces of insulation for the ceiling, the last sub ceiling then I started trying cedar planks fitting each section to perfection.

When I got to the speaker holes I used one of the little squares Crybaby used as speaker support instead of actually making a wall for my template to draw out what I needed to cut.  It was a little tricky using the jig without someone helping by holding the wood but I got through it and everything fits beautifully.  I continued the cedar all the way to the galley and once they were all in I went back and puttied my nail holes.

I climbed up to our XM antenna and cut it out to install the new undamaged one.  Crybaby had cut about two feet from the original.  I took my wood chisel and made the hole larger so the new antenna could drop in without trouble. I used the marine glue to make sure the antenna was watertight and secure and routed everything to the center back where the radio will be.

Monday I'll finish sanding then seal the cedar.  I kicked around if we wanted to seal it or oil the cedar and I think in the long run with our extreme summer dry heat it will be best for the wood.  The speaker connectors came in today so once the ceiling is dry I can finish wiring those.  Monday will be another busy day I'm going to cut the walls and install them too. I was so happy getting to this point, finally I can see an end to this and the trailer now looks so pretty like it always should have.  I no longer look at it and want to cry now I want longer days so I can keep working.  We can't wait until the next teardrop gathering in June to show our friends how far we've come.






Stay tuned because I will share more on Monday when I'm done.  I'm also trying to move this blog to my new teardrop website, www.crybabyteardroptrailers.biz.  I haven't had time yet to play with it enough to move it but that will be my teardrop blog's new site.  Once I'm done with the trailer I'll be reviewing campsites, giving camping tips and tricks, and sharing other awesome trailers there.

No comments:

Post a Comment