Saturday, June 28, 2014

Ahhh... Vacation, now can I get me some elbow room!

Well today is the kickoff of our month at home and having some fun with the family.... but first things first, I have a laundry list of fix-its for the trailer so today I got up and got out to working.  I may end up with several posts this week so check back often.

Today is a wiring day, I started with the 12 volt amplifier and the speakers.  Man oh man it's great having music and satellite radio to work by and boy does it look great!

We used an old tin tile picture frame that match the ones in the galley as the speaker boxes in the cabin.

The color really brings out the wood in the cabin and the style matches well with the retro look.

Got the tunes rockin' the cabin.


XM is our way to go so no matter where we are we can listen to good music while we enjoy good company.

This is the little 12 volt amplifier, it gives a cute little light show when on too and doesn't pull a lot of energy.


So as I've been going along I've been doing little things to make our trailer a home away from home while we're out.  One of the little things is repurposing plastic jars and jugs into lightweight usable items to glamp with.  With a little blue paint made for plastics I created a style for some must have items.



I have to share this sorry, the blue is a perfect match for our FJ Cruiser we pull the trailer with.  I also have the auto paint to repaint our wheel fenders and rims to match, Crybaby was to do this and I gave them the website and exact color number but like with so many other things they decided to just use a cheap spray paint that didn't match and one side has faded in the sun and now doesn't match the other side.

Next up is the solar panel battery charger with flow back prevention.  Our youngest has agreed to help me wire this one, she's our green baby and loves that we are going solar with the trailer.  The panel is large but it's more efficient than the smaller ones and where we camp we don't want to take chances.





No comments:

Post a Comment